MTN (Mobile Telecommunications Network) is the largest mobile network in South Africa. This network provides data, voice, fintech, digital, enterprise, wholesale, and API services to more than 285 million users in 19 markets. MTN was founded in 1994 and currently provides GSM services to 21 countries and internet service to 13 countries.
Benefits of the MTN network
MTN is one of the fastest networks in South Africa. According to numerous independent surveys, MTN’s LTE network constantly surpasses competitors in terms of speed and reliability. The LTE download speed was 33.89 Mbps and the upload speed was 8.48 Mbps in the most recent speed test.
How do I get an MTN subscription?
Since MTN is the largest network-providing company in South Africa, it has arranged different plans for the ease of its customers. These are daily, 2-day, 3-day, weekly, monthly, 2-month, 3-month, 6-month, and yearly subscription plans. To purchase a data bundle, users must dial *131#. They can also get a subscription to their desired data bundle from myMTNApp, myMTN Web, or MTN Toplt/VTU.
How to check all subscriptions on an MTN SIM card
If you are an MTN user and want to check all of the subscriptions that you have on your MTN SIM card, the following procedure will definitely help you:
- Dial *141*5# and click on Option 2 (Content Services).
- Then, select option 1 (Manage Content Services) to view or cancel the subscriptions.
- All the subscriptions that have been active on your SIM card will be shown.
How do cancel an MTN subscription via phone?
Either you are exhausted and want to cancel your subscription, or there may be any kind of reason to cancel your subscription, then you have to proceed with the following procedure:
- Dial *136*5# on your MTN phone.
- Next, choose Content Services.
- From there, select Manage Premium-Rated Services.
- Select Charges (Option 2).
- Select Block Premium-Rated Services next.
- Now just block Premium-Rated Services (PRS) charges. Dial *155# on your phone and go to the next page by pressing 99 (more).
- Now choose whether to Block or Unblock future charges.
- Choose Premium-Rated services.
How do I cancel an MTN subscription from the MTN app?
You can also end your subscription from myMTNApp. Just open the app and click on the profile, and there will be an option for unsubscribing. Click on that option to end the subscription.
If you have any kind of subscription, it will get canceled. But if none of the active subscriptions are on your phone, you will get a message saying, “Hello!” ” You do not have any active subscription services on your number.”
How do I check my MTN airtime?
To check your remaining data bundle or SMS, dial *136#. To check the detailed balance, dial *136*1#.
Why do people end subscriptions?
Most of the time, users face loss of airtime even if they have subscribed to a bundle. That’s happening because most of the downloaded apps use data in the background or maybe users had accidentally said yes to any subscription. Out-of-bundle is another reason for the loss of airtime. So, to save airtime, users end their useless subscriptions.
How to save your airtime?
You can save your airtime by the following setting on your phone.
- Turn off your data, when not in use.
- Turn off all kinds of automatic apps update or software updates on mobile data.
- There are a lot of apps using data in the background. Switch off your data while using these apps.
- Purchase data bundles to avoid out-of-bundle charges.